POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug: divide by zero in scene file causes renderer to hang : Bug: divide by zero in scene file causes renderer to hang Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Bug: divide by zero in scene file causes renderer to hang
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 21 Oct 1998 22:40:02
Message: <362e8cf2.0@news.povray.org>
FYI,
I feel silly posting this, but I figured that you would want to know. The
code below will send the renderer into never never land.  .  The Stop button
will not work.  You can still use the editor and closing PovRay will halt
the renderer

     rotate <0,0,360/clock>

I am assuming it is caused by a divide by zero that is not handled
correctly.  I fixed my scene but it took a while to figure out.

Thanks
Tom