POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS support ? : Re: NURBS support ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:44:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS support ?
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 20 Oct 1998 12:24:30
Message: <362cab2e.0@news.povray.org>
Not withstanding that it is possible to reduce the triangle count in meshes,
this is not what happens in the tool/INC developed by Warp and Chris (at
least not as I understand it):
Warp's tool does not reduce the triangle count of the mesh, but it only
saves the triangles in a much more compact format, so that the filesize for
saving them is about 20%-30%. Chris' INC then takes advantage of POV 3.1's
file commands to read this compact format and re-create the mesh in POV-Ray:
The mesh-object in POV-Ray is just the same, only the file to save the
meshes is much smaller.
Am I wrong here?

Johannes.