POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : layering transparent surfaces, more than 4? : Re: layering transparent surfaces, more than 4? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:43:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: layering transparent surfaces, more than 4?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 21 Oct 1998 05:05:46
Message: <362D9560.822CE640@peak.edu.ee>
Cedar Cox wrote:

> Maybe I don't know about an option somewhere to increase the depth at
> which pov traces through transparent textures, if so please tell me!
> Thnks much
> -Cedar

max_trace_level... The most elusive of POV features ;)
I should  know, I hacked my brains, cursed and RTFM at least 2 times before
I got it.

Perhaps there should be a big notice about it at the POV webpage (well, at
least sth. to this effect), since this question is often asked (and reported
as a bug at least once).

Margus