POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Animation Prevue : Re: Animation Prevue Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:36:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Prevue
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 20 Oct 1998 08:18:13
Message: <362C7F72.CCE4F25F@xs4all.nl>
portelli wrote:

>     Is there a program to preview animations in Pov.  I had heard that
> there was one.  If so could someone tell me the pointer?

I don't know if it's near what you're looking for but I use the Fast Movie
Processor for making preview AVIs of an animation. It converts a series of TGA-
or BMP-files to an AVI. There are some more supported fileformats, but I've
never used them. You can choose from several Codecs, with differing graphics
qualities (and file sizes: I got a 120 frame-animation, good for some 20Mb of
raw data into a 80K AVI - but it was uglyyyy!)
I don't know a precise URL, I got it from Tucows or ZDnet.

Regards,

Remco de Korte
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/