POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Automatic copyright text - need math help : Re: Automatic copyright text - need math help Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automatic copyright text - need math help
From: John VanSickle
Date: 17 Oct 1998 11:26:23
Message: <3628899D.D3CC9DBE@erols.com>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> John:
>
> This is great code!!! I'm just now taking a class in linear algebra, so
> this really makes sense to me and I've adopted it into my lens flare
> include file.  I would make one change, though.  In the line that reads:
>
>   #local CamR = vnormalize(vcross(y,CamD));
>
> I would change "y" to the sky vector (the default happens to by "y").
> This way, you can use it with scenes from Moray (which uses "z" as the
> sky vector) and also with scenes that roll the camera.

The code given was written specifically for the person I was answering,
who was using POV's defaults.  In my own code I usually have a label
called CamSky, which contains a vector pointing out of the gravity well,
and that gets used to calculate CamR.

Regards,
John
--
"Have the manners not to be hittin' the man until he's your husband, and
entitled to hit back!"