POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What's new in 3.1? : Re: What's new in 3.1? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's new in 3.1?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 16 Oct 1998 05:30:38
Message: <362704C0.2BA68914@peak.edu.ee>
Paul Derbyshire wrote:

> What's new in version 3.1? Oddly enough search as I might I can't find
>
> this information on the POV home page. (And I'm sure not downloading
> 1.3
> megabytes without knowing whether there's anything really interesting
> added...)
> Please respond with either some information, or better yet a link to
> where I can read about what's new in 3.1.

Sure enough 3.1 is worth the download time (heck, I downloaded the 5MB
Win version _three_ times due to installation problems!)
Since you are talking about downloading 1.3 MB, I suppose you mean the
DOS version. I suggest you get the Win version too - that's the one with
the cool new editor Ken talked about.
If you want further reassurance, look at some of the new images in
binaries.images and think what it woult take to produce such effects
(clouds etc) in 3.0x

Margus