POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rainbow-refraction : Re: rainbow-refraction Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rainbow-refraction
From: =Bob
Date: 15 Oct 1998 12:19:12
Message: <36261270.0@news.povray.org>
I made a spectral dispersion include based upon Daren Wilsons example for P-R
3.0*.
It's at http://members.aol.com/inversez/index.html in the Includes section.
I made simulated true wavelengths (by simulated here I mean they are somewhat
relative among themselves according to actual wavelength in nature).
Choice of 6 or 12 wavelengths to use, with 12 being most realistic and 6 being
fastest. I even added a fake infrared and ultraviolet possible so to blend at
the ends. Not science in the least but it can look pretty convincing if
variables are set up right. Btw, this only handles objects pigments as seen
through the transparent texture, not light source colors; as many well know,
lights do not have transmittance, as in reality. Only specular highlight,
caustics and shadow.
I tried this out in POV-Ray 3.1 and didn't have any luck, but I did manage to
use ior in the finish statement without an interior statement elsewhere with
no problem. Seems use of any pattern is "lost".

Message <3625B487.C30E8482@peak.edu.ee>, Margus Ramst  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html