POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Color Fractals? : Re: Color Fractals? Server Time
19 May 2024 12:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Fractals?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Oct 1998 22:07:42
Message: <361eb35e.0@news.povray.org>
Psychomek wrote in message <361BECD9.D79B3A23@geocities.com>...
>I am tring too play around with Julian fractals in povray....  but it
>seems that they have ABSOLUTELY no color....  meaning they are black...
>how do i color the fractal.. the attached file is my pov file that i'm
>using top test it...... PLEASE help me!

As Ken pointed, you need a texture. I have done several animations of julias
in which the object swirls and morphs, and I think that what looks best as a
texture is something like:

texture
{ pigment { White }
  finish { diffuse 1 ambient 0 brilliance 2.25 specular 0.6 roughness 0.005
phong 0.3 phong_size 6.675 metallic 0.5 }
}

Light up the julia with several differently coloured light sources and it
looks really nice.

Peter