POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Color Fractals? : Re: Color Fractals? Server Time
19 May 2024 10:51:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Fractals?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Oct 1998 22:07:41
Message: <361eb35d.0@news.povray.org>
Psychomek wrote in message <361### [at] geocitiescom>...
<snip>

>  Thanks...  now i'm tring to render this Fractal :

<code>

>so far 10% in 20 minutes on a P120 with 24MB RAM....

Complex julias (i.e. using those bizarre fxns like pow, atanh etc.) aren't
the fastest things to render, especially if the camera in inside the object.
I had the latter problem once and Ken nicely pointed it out to me, so make
sure POV doesn't report a "Camera is inside a non-hollow object" message.

Peter