POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Superfast renderings : Re: Superfast renderings Server Time
13 Aug 2024 08:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Superfast renderings
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 9 Oct 1998 09:10:45
Message: <361dfd45.0@news.povray.org>
Rainer Mager <rvm### [at] cyberadjp> wrote:
:     I downloaded the MSDOS version and ran it on the same scene as before.
: This was in a DOS box within NT. I found that the animation was rendered
: about 125% faster in the MSDOS version (44 seconds vs 99 seconds). I also
: rendered a single large image and it was about 21% faster (57 seconds vs 69
: seconds).

  If you boot to raw dos (from a floppy disk or whatever) and render then,
you should get even more speed since the dos-box of winNT is rather slow.

--
                                                           - Warp. -