POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Potential shut-down of this news server (Czech users please read!) : Re: Potential shut-down of this news server (Czech users please read!) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Potential shut-down of this news server (Czech users please read!)
From: Lance Birch
Date: 8 Oct 1998 04:01:21
Message: <361c6341.0@news.povray.org>
Before we do that (which I think is a super idea by the way!!!), here's some
info I've gathered:

Webiste for Czech University of Agriculture in Prague (is this it, or is
this another Univ??? I can't be sure!):
http://omega.pef.czu.cz/

They seem to have a newsserver called the Hypernews Server.  I'm not sure
whether this is the same one redirecting the messages or not (I don't have
the resources to find out), and also it seems they DON'T have a gateway open
to USENET.  However, there is a lot of talk about it on the website.  It
seems they want to add a USENET gateway in the near future, so maybe they
have one at the moment but it's only limited???

There is also an email address for the person who maintains the server, but
I'd suspect that only the POV-Team should be the ones writing to them (ie,
us POV-Users shouldn't go emailing them, since we don't own the News-server
and we don't know if it IS these people that are slurping off
news.povray.ord!!!).  For the POV-Team's interest, I've mailed the address
to them, I think (along with this message).

So what do you say POV-Admins?  I suppose you could always ask them if they
had a gateway to USENET (at least that way no one is coming out and
accussing them of something that they might not doing or not aware of!!!).

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone