POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Automatic copyright text - need math help : Re: Automatic copyright text - need math help Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automatic copyright text - need math help
From: John VanSickle
Date: 10 Oct 1998 14:27:23
Message: <361FA0EC.9C210BC5@erols.kosher.com>
Lewis Sellers wrote:

> Well, I was trying to do this myself, but my math is so weak it'll take
> me forever.... :)
>
> Ok. I was trying to make it so that the small text "Copyright 1998 by
> Lewis Sellers" would automatically be placed in the bottom left of any
> scene I rendered no matter the camera positions. Very handy in
> animations, etc.

#local CamE = <0,0,0>; //where the camera's look_at is
#local CamL = <10,12,1>; //where the camera's location is
#local CamZ = 2; //the amount of camera zoom you want

#local CamD = vnormalize(CamE-CamL);
#local CamR = vnormalize(vcross(y,CamD));
#local CamU = vnormalize(vcross(CamD,CamR));

text { ttf "cyrvetic.ttf","(c) 1998 by Lewis Sellers",.01,0
  texture { YourTexture }
  scale .1
  translate <-.65,-.45,CamZ>
  matrix < CamR.x,CamR.y,CamR.z,
           CamU.x,CamU.y,CamU.z,
           CamD.x,CamD.y,CamD.z,
           CamL.x,CamL.y,CamL.z >
}

camera {
  location CamL
  up CamU
  right CamR*4/3
  direction CamD*CamZ
}

Hope this helps,
John

--
"He has the power to rear-project major cities!" -- Mike Nelson