POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hf_at? : Re: hf_at? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hf_at?
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 9 Oct 1998 18:50:06
Message: <361E851A.1CB76021@dhol.com>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> Where have I seen a variable or POV-Ray function that gives the height
> of a height field at a given set of  x, z  coordinates?
>
> If this were a new feature of POV 3.1, it would be the last straw, and
> I'd have to download it.  But I didn't see it in any list of new
> features, and it's not on my 3.02 documentation.  Did I hear about
> this in one of the specialty versions of POV, or is it my imagination?

That would be the hf_height_at function in Tmpov.  Tmpov is a custom
compile of Pov 3.02 for Win95 that includes many useful things, such as
sphere sweeps and arrays.  It is available at http://twysted.net in the
PatchStation.  Incidentally, I have an include file that uses
hf_height_at to wrap height fields around cylinders.  I am working on
making it 3.1 compatible and able to wrap other objects, but it isn't
done yet.  Unfortunately, no web page at the moment.  Email if you want
it.

Jerry Anning
cle### [at] dholcom