POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Automatic copyright text - need math help : Re: Automatic copyright text - need math help Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automatic copyright text - need math help
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 9 Oct 1998 14:31:59
Message: <361E486D.78A4FCB8@ltu.edu>
There's actually a LOT of math involved in that, especially if you want to
handle all sorts of sky vectors (rolling the camera).  Luckily for you, the
math has been done already.  I did it for my lens flare include file, and
adapted it for a "background" INC file (yet to be released).

The background.inc file creates a plane with a user-defined texture which is
lined up with the camera's view at a user-defined distance from the camera.
The math would basically be the same for putting everything in foreground, but
the user would specify a much shorter distance and probably want to clip the
plane (or use a different object, like a text object).

I'll post here again when I finish cleaning up the INC files.

-Nathan