POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Color Fractals? : Re: Color Fractals? Server Time
29 May 2024 02:56:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Fractals?
From: Psychomek
Date: 8 Oct 1998 18:39:33
Message: <361D30AF.29476C6@geocities.com>
Ken wrote:

> Psychomek wrote:
>
> > I am tring too play around with Julian fractals in povray....  but it
> > seems that they have ABSOLUTELY no color....  meaning they are black...
> > how do i color the fractal.. the attached file is my pov file that i'm
> > using top test it...... PLEASE help me!
>
> The easy answer to your question is to add a texture
> and pigment to your object. Where you have:
>
> #declare Default =
> texture{
>  pigment{rgb<1,0,1>}
>   finsish{ phong 1}
> }
>
> julia_fractal {the stuff you put here}
>
> You need to add texture{Default} like this to make it work:
>
> julia_fractal {the stuff you put here  texture{Default}}
>
> It will then work correctly. I saw a light green background with
> a purple looking julia fractal image when I rendered it. Pretty
> neat looking too : )
>
> Ken Tyler

  Thanks...  now i'm tring to render this Fractal :

#declare W = 5
#declare P = 3.141592
#declare D = 21
#declare J = 47
#declare K = 640

julia_fractal {
    <-0.083,0.0,-0.83,-0.025>
    hypercomplex
    pwr(cos(W*P),max(exp(J/D)/P,K/P*W))
    max_iteration 9
    precision 40
    pigment {
    Blue
      }
    }

so far 10% in 20 minutes on a P120 with 24MB RAM....