POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Color Fractals? : Re: Color Fractals? Server Time
29 May 2024 02:01:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Fractals?
From: Ken
Date: 7 Oct 1998 20:36:21
Message: <361BFAD3.60EA3A03@pacbell.net>
Psychomek wrote:

> I am tring too play around with Julian fractals in povray....  but it
> seems that they have ABSOLUTELY no color....  meaning they are black...
> how do i color the fractal.. the attached file is my pov file that i'm
> using top test it...... PLEASE help me!

The easy answer to your question is to add a texture
and pigment to your object. Where you have:

#declare Default =
texture{
 pigment{rgb<1,0,1>}
  finsish{ phong 1}
}

julia_fractal {the stuff you put here}

You need to add texture{Default} like this to make it work:

julia_fractal {the stuff you put here  texture{Default}}

It will then work correctly. I saw a light green background with
a purple looking julia fractal image when I rendered it. Pretty
neat looking too : )

Ken Tyler