POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parabola object in POV : Re: parabola object in POV Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parabola object in POV
From: J  L  Rose
Date: 7 Oct 1998 01:00:19
Message: <361ABD18.152C@spamBgone.nbnet.nb.ca>
Matthew Bennett wrote:

> I know Polyray has this object.. it wouldn't be too hard to add this to POV
> 3.1 would it?

Have you tried the Link Include File from
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/linkinc.html ?

I haven't tried using it myself yet, but it might be useful. Here's what
they
say about it...

    " The Link Include File allows you to connect any two points
      with a hanging chain made of any object, with complete control
      over looseness, twisting, etc."

Now, I would hope that this Link Include file generates caternaries, if
they are
to look like hanging cables, but perhaps it can be modified to produce a
parabolic curve. Or, maybe a caternary is close enough?

-jr-
* Delete "spamBgone." to get my real address *