POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : simple incorrect shading of a bicubic patch example : Re: simple incorrect shading of a bicubic patch example Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:01:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: simple incorrect shading of a bicubic patch example
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 5 Oct 1998 17:40:13
Message: <36193C8F.3C615E23@peak.edu.ee>
Matthew Bennett wrote:

> It's just a bicubic patch next to a disk with a light source below them and
> the camera looking above them.  The disk is dark (in the shade) as would be
> expected, but the bicubic patch is lit up as if the light was above it.

Sure looks like a bug. But it would be nice to have it as a feature - diffuse
tranmittance is very
useful when rendering thin paper, matte plastic lamp shades etc.
This "bug" seems to work exactly like diffuse transmittance - if only we could turn it
on/off for all
objects.
I've used dense media to achieve the same effect, but it's very slow.

Margus