POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : simple incorrect shading of a bicubic patch example : Re: simple incorrect shading of a bicubic patch example Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:32:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: simple incorrect shading of a bicubic patch example
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 5 Oct 1998 16:24:19
Message: <36191ce3.0@news.povray.org>
J. L. Rose wrote in message <361### [at] spamBgonenbnetnbca>...
>Philippe Debar wrote:
>
>>I suspected this kind of bug with triangles some times ago : shadows and
>>lighting showing on the wrong side of triangles. But I actually have no
>>source for proving this.
>
>I tried to see if triangles did it too, but I could not find anything.

I tried to find an image or a source for the triangles, but I think I
deleted them (or at least the right camera location). If I ever find it
again I'll post it. (It was with povwin 3.0x, but I do not remenber if it
was 3.00, 3.01 or 3.02). The scene included some hundreds of triangles,
lights, shadowless lights, regular fog and some csg objects. I remenber
being quite sure that shadows showed on the wrong side of a triangle mesh,
but I couldn't find it now (nor any artifact that could lead me to think
so).

Bye!

Philippe