POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : difference problem w/3.1 : Re: difference problem w/3.1 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:33:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: difference problem w/3.1
From: Ken
Date: 5 Oct 1998 00:45:59
Message: <3618409C.2103AEE6@pacbell.net>
Ronald L. Parker wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Oct 1998 11:34:04 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> >    So the program sees a situation where the csg operation
> >is going to have perfectly aligned surfaces. Bing ! it quite
> >at random laps one surface over the other say by 0.0001.
>
> So sometimes it gets it right, and sometimes it gets it wrong.  How is
> this better than the current situation?  It can't decide which is on
> top at random, or half the time it'll end up leaving a 'skin' anyway.

Although I believe you should be looking at the bigger picture here
I ask that you allow me to append the above by removing  the
"it quite at random" words from my previous reply and substitute with --
it then evaluates a predefined set of conditional design rules.
Once satisfied that all conditions meet the criteria it then overlaps
one surface by a given amount to eliminate the undesired condition.

Ken