POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : difference problem w/3.1 : Re: difference problem w/3.1 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: difference problem w/3.1
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 4 Oct 1998 08:53:22
Message: <361761b2.0@news.povray.org>
Lewis Sellers <lse### [at] usitnet> wrote:
: So, you're saying that I just have to make sure it overlaps by a small
: amount (.001 or so) to fix it. And that's what every does?
: That is, in fact btw, how I "hacked" the problem last night after
: spending a few frustrating hours tearing apart my house model looking
: for the stray object I thought was causing the prob.

  You talk like it was a bug which you have to avoid by hacking the scene
in some way.
  No, it's not a bug. Povray works perfectly. How do you expect povray to
know which one of the coincident planes is at the most top? You have to
tell it to povray or it can't calculate it. And you tell that by placing
the topmost surface a little higher than the other.

--
                                                           - Warp. -