POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : difference problem w/3.1 : Re: difference problem w/3.1 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:33:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: difference problem w/3.1
From: Lewis Sellers
Date: 4 Oct 1998 05:33:52
Message: <361732FB.63291C81@usit.net>
Ken wrote:

> Lewis Sellers wrote:
>
> > You know, a scene directory containing examples of all the "features" of
> > pov-ray might be useful. If anyone ever makes one, I'll donate my
> > preceding scene. ;-)
> >
> > --min
>
> Greetings
>
> Actually there is a scene directory that has virtually
> every feature that POV-Ray has to offer. It is the
> example files that ship with each version of Pov.
>
> They are not intended to be something to just render
> so you can pretty up your hard drive. Each scene was

Oh. Now you tell me, after I've rendered them all. :)

But anyway, I think I didn't make myself quite as clear as I intended. I
only meant that there should be another scenes folder, perhaps called
"bugs" or "things to watch out for". In it there would be little scenes
demonstrating CSG problems such as mine, with little comments on how to
overcome them.

I have actually renendered all the sample scene files and found them
very helpful. :)
--min

> Anyway I'll get off of my soap box now.

You're soap box's ior seems a bit off btw. ;-)

> Take a look at:
>
> http://tqd.advanced.org/3285/language/csg.html#intersection

ookie moo.

Thanks,

--min

--
Lewis A. Sellers: writer and contract Multimedia Website Developer
mailto:lse### [at] usitnet (The Fourth Millennium Foundation)

You can bug the living bejesus out of me live on ICQ @ 491461
(If I don't get back to you within a month, I'm out of prozac in some
dark corner somewhere screaming things quite unintelligable but -- most
curiously -- thick with a sumerian accent.)

"The comedy is over" -i pagliacci