POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : difference problem w/3.1 : Re: difference problem w/3.1 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: difference problem w/3.1
From: Ken
Date: 3 Oct 1998 23:14:59
Message: <3616D9C7.B4A997C1@pacbell.net>
Lewis Sellers wrote:

> You know, a scene directory containing examples of all the "features" of
> pov-ray might be useful. If anyone ever makes one, I'll donate my
> preceding scene. ;-)
>
> --min

Greetings

Actually there is a scene directory that has virtually
every feature that POV-Ray has to offer. It is the
example files that ship with each version of Pov.

They are not intended to be something to just render
so you can pretty up your hard drive. Each scene was
chosen, because it demonstrates a feature of the
program, that they feel either helps introduce a new
feature or it demonstrates some of the variables of a
feature that might otherwise be missed. They have
always done it this way and it is surprising to me
how many people seem miss it.

Anyway I'll get off of my soap box now.

While cruising several of the povray related sites today
I found a good on line tutorial detailing the use of csg
operations in POV-Ray. It offers straight forward examples
with image and text based explanations that are well
thought out and easy to understand.

Take a look at:

http://tqd.advanced.org/3285/language/csg.html#intersection

Ken Tyler