POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : is POV 3.1 now offical out? : UPDATE: What about the DOS version? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  UPDATE: What about the DOS version?
From: Ken
Date: 3 Oct 1998 00:08:21
Message: <361594D1.FF59A7C6@pacbell.net>
Ken wrote:

> It is curious as you pointed out that the file
> size is so much smaller. Perhaps they have a
> better compression program for packing their
> files now ?

UPDATE:

I just stopped by there and it looks like they decided to
stop including the source as part of the standard package.
The executable package is about 3megs and you can also
download the source at an additional 1.3 megs. Add the two
together and that's nearly 4.5 megs of software.
I guess the decision was made because not everbody who uses
povray also has an interest in modifying the source code.

Ken Tyler