POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : is POV 3.1 now offical out? : Re: What about the DOS version? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What about the DOS version?
From: Ken
Date: 2 Oct 1998 23:57:24
Message: <3615923F.E472E135@pacbell.net>
jbe### [at] straitednetnsca wrote:

> Are you sure? I went to check the POV-Ray FTP site and also it's WWW
> site, but the DOS versions were suspiciously out of date. They were
> dated as being from Sept. 15, I believe, which was when the Beta version
> was being distributed. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd much
> prefer to have the entire, real version, rather than the beta. Maybe I'm
> mistaken, here. But, the file itself is just plain -=TOO SMALL=-. At
> about 1.5 megs, it's about half as large as my first copy of POV-Ray.
> Something -must- be wrong. On my end, or POV-Ray's. If anyone could
> help, it'd be greatly appreciated.
>
> Glenn Beaton
>
> http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/hornsey/113/graphics.htm

Yes I'm sure the dos version has been released.
It is curious as you pointed out that the file
size is so much smaller. Perhaps they have a
better compression program for packing their
files now ?

You can down load the official dos release of
POV-Ray 3.1r1 at:
http://www.povray.org
or
a mirror site hosted by Glen Berry at:

http://www.ezwv.com/~mclilith/index.html
in the downloads area. File size 1.6 megs.