POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No binaries here, thanx : Re: No binaries here, thanx Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No binaries here, thanx
From: J  L  Rose
Date: 2 Oct 1998 17:48:56
Message: <361511FC.7D5@spamBgone.nbnet.nb.ca>
Johannes Hubert wrote:

> But there *are* binaries groups on this very news server. So why not post
> the binary (with a short explanation) there, and simply refer to it in the
> post here?

Yes. That is the idea that I came up with a few hours after posting my
that other posting, especially with a slow connection.

I would think that it would also be a good idea to provide an
explanation of why
a given image has been posted to the povray.binaries.images NG,
especially if the image is not an especially interesting one, and is
only there to illustrate a bug report or something.

The next idea I came up with was to upload it to my personal www site,
and include the URL in the posting to povray.general. People with an
integrated news reader/www browser can click on it, if they want. It
would be best if there was enough text-based information so that
text-only readers can understand the point.

Hmmm ... does that about wrap it up?

bye,
-jr-