POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects : Re: Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:35:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 2 Oct 1998 03:56:57
Message: <36147937.41C6@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
The posting of J.L. Rose made some points! There may be some kind of bug
(if that's what you want to call it) with the shadow and highlighting of
bicubic bezier patches. J.L's pictures prove this.

At the moment the only workaround for this (that's easy when you are
working with sPatch) I can think of is to model closed hollow objects
that have a definite inside and outside. I have not experiencend any of
the above problems with my bicubic patch models and the only reason I an
think of is that I always create "closed" patch models.

This has surely one big disadvantage ... the number of patches rises and
makes rendering of complex models quite slow.

Any comment or idea is really welcome

greetings

Marc