POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects : Re: Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help- Unwanted see-through-ness in objects
From: David Greaves
Date: 1 Oct 1998 11:02:08
Message: <36138CC4.6E8891E4@telekinesys.co.uk>
Thanks for looking :)

The second picture is correct (or at least its what I expected!!)
You can indeed see a nice reflection of the pipe. You can also make out
the shadow of the pipe that is present on the upper picture.

The top picture has the problem.
How can I see the floor of the bowl?
There should be *no* light illuminating this surface at all!!
(The only light is a spot pointing 'upwards')
No there are no mirrors out of shot!! ;D
You should be able to see the outer wall of the bowl - thats fine.
And the lip where I curve the patches over, maybe thats too sharp and has
bicubic break-up.
But that shadow is too perfect and the floor's too evenly lit.
nb all bicubics have flatness 0.

I did try it with
pigment { Silver }
and got the same result.
I checked and the texture I used has no filters...

David

--
David Greaves