POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image maps : Re: Image maps Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image maps
From: Robert J Becraft
Date: 1 Oct 1998 10:15:01
Message: <3613808D.78FE7308@aol.com>
1) Apply the image map to a super-thin object that is then placed next to the tail.

2) Or, replicate the tail as a csg without the image map and a second with the image
map.  Then place the two copies next to each other offset to the side you want the
image to appear on.  POV only has problems when the surface is exactly the same on
both... even a micro bit gives it the difference necessary to resolve the surface
without mixing the two.

Regards,
Robert J Becraft
aka cas### [at] aolcom