POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Installation I/O error : Re: Installation I/O error Server Time
28 Sep 2024 10:53:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation I/O error
From: Duane Tackett
Date: 1 Oct 1998 06:07:49
Message: <36134665.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <36113E88.A79BF7C1@pacbell.net>...
>Margus Ramst wrote:
>
>> When I try to install POVWin 3.1, the instlallation always gets to 73%
>> (extracting povray31.hlp) and then displays the following error message:
>>
>> 'An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused
>> by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file'
>> The installation then exits.

>      I had the exact same problem with my installation
>and it too occured exactly at the 73% mark..

I had the same problem with 6b myself.  I simply uninstalled my previous
version and then reinstalled the new version.  It only happened once and it
was an easy fix.  I can't remember if I posted the bug or not.

>My system is running Win 98, a 200 mmx pentium
>processor with 64 megs of ram on board.

Sounds familiar!  :)  I also got mine to overclock to almost 290 MHz speed
(I have a REALLY EASY BIOS CPU setup, so overclocking is a breeze).

--
Duane

Check out my web page.  I just started, so don't laugh too hard.
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/lab/8407
e-mail me: ddt### [at] junocom