POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Installation I/O error : Re: Installation I/O error Server Time
28 Sep 2024 10:55:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation I/O error
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 29 Sep 1998 17:34:42
Message: <3610A99B.93CF01FC@peak.edu.ee>
Wow, U must really have tried desperately, if U invented sth. as crazy as this
;)
My solution was more straightforward: I installed it on another computer
(PII266, Win95) and brought it home on disks - and did a lot of registry
editing.

But here's a very weird thing: in whatever way I compress it (zip, rar), I
always end up with a CRC error when extracting povwin31.hlp on my home
computer.
Just a coincidence? Or can this be caused by sth. weird in the help file?? I
am no expert.

SYSTEM: 486DX120 16MB, Win95 4.00.950