POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Installation I/O error : Installation I/O error Server Time
28 Jun 2024 01:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Installation I/O error
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 29 Sep 1998 16:25:13
Message: <36109957.8DA64D54@peak.edu.ee>
When I try to install POVWin 3.1, the instlallation always gets to 73%
(extracting povray31.hlp) and then displays the following error message:

'An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused
by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file'
The installation then exits.
This problem only occurs on my own computer (as far as I know), and was
also present in POVWin 3.1 beta 6b. My previos version (beta 4)
installed OK.
Setting Windows in safe mode doesn't help, nor does installing to
another drive/directory.

POVWin version 3.1 and 3.1beta6b

SYSTEM: 486DX120 16Mb, Windows 95 4.00.950