POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : unexpected end of file : Re: unexpected end of file Server Time
28 Jun 2024 01:46:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unexpected end of file
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 28 Sep 1998 20:59:27
Message: <361022E3.B51484EB@flash.net>
It is so easy to change a parser to check for this condition
that the fact it is a common problem doesn't make it not a problem,
however.

There are valid reasons that one might want to omit a newline
from a file end.   But I can think of no reason a parser
would not want to conclude EOF was a line terminator (unless
this is viewed as some sort of scheme to catch truncated
files)

So I agree with "ingo" that this is validly called a bug.

Dan

P.S. Thanks for the LINUX port, but that's for another group...

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/