POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Help - Howto animate from multi-images : Re: Help - Howto animate from multi-images Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help - Howto animate from multi-images
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 28 Sep 1998 17:34:19
Message: <360fd84f.14908930@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 00:37:29 -0500, Mike <Ama### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>Heh heh.  I'm not aware of any free gif makers, though PSP 5 will do it.  It
>will set you back around $70 US.  You can get a free demo from www.jasc.com.

Microsoft have a feww .GIF maker (I forget it's name) which can
convert AVI's to animated GIFs. I forget where it is exactly though :(

>There are a number of other tools listed under the animation FAQ at
>www.irtc.org.  It's a quick place to start.  My personal favorite for making
>.avi is videdit, which is free from microsoft.  Combined with the indeo 5
>codec, it can make good quality videos that are pretty small.  The only
>problem with using videdit is that it needs sequenced .dib files, which are
>a flavor of bmp.  What I do is render tga's and then batch convert them to
>.dib using Paint Shop Pro.  It can also import .flc, which is good if you
>have animation created with DTA.  The down side is that flc are 256 colors,
>which doesn't look so hot.

DTA can also convert .TGA (and other file formats) to .DIB for VidEdit
to pull in without dropping to 256 colours. Unfortunately this can
result in a LOT of HDD space being used while making an animation...

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail