POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Planetary Heightfields: Now what? : Re: bump_maps, Phong, specular Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bump_maps, Phong, specular
From: =Bob
Date: 28 Sep 1998 11:14:47
Message: <360f99d7.0@news.povray.org>
'phong' hilights have color based upon lights, whereas 'specular' is white
regardless of colors used in lights.
Though they say specular is more "realistic" you wouldn't think so would you?
Since any hilight ought to show a light sources color;
perhaps the pigment and light colors don't blend realisticly, but I don't have
proof of this.

Message <360E9FEA.CB3A7D81@flash.net>, Dan Connelly  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe