POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : unexpected end of file : Re: unexpected end of file Server Time
28 Jun 2024 01:41:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unexpected end of file
From: Ron Parker
Date: 28 Sep 1998 10:25:21
Message: <360f8e41.0@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 27 Sep 1998 23:22:38 +0200, ingo <ing### [at] ingodemonnl> wrote:
>When I render the scene given below, I get the error message "unexpected end
>of file". This only happens when there comes  absolutely nothing after
>"#end". As soon as I put in a space or a new line the scene will render.

This is a common problem for a lot of languages.  So much so, in fact, that
people in at least one other newsgroup will tell you that if your editor
allows you to create a text file with no newline after the last line, then
the flaw lies in your editor, not in the parser.  I tend to agree with them.