POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Help - Howto animate from multi-images : Re: Help - Howto animate from multi-images Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help - Howto animate from multi-images
From: Mike
Date: 28 Sep 1998 01:43:33
Message: <360F2099.920332F4@aol.com>
Heh heh.  I'm not aware of any free gif makers, though PSP 5 will do it.  It
will set you back around $70 US.  You can get a free demo from www.jasc.com.

There are a number of other tools listed under the animation FAQ at
www.irtc.org.  It's a quick place to start.  My personal favorite for making
.avi is videdit, which is free from microsoft.  Combined with the indeo 5
codec, it can make good quality videos that are pretty small.  The only
problem with using videdit is that it needs sequenced .dib files, which are
a flavor of bmp.  What I do is render tga's and then batch convert them to
.dib using Paint Shop Pro.  It can also import .flc, which is good if you
have animation created with DTA.  The down side is that flc are 256 colors,
which doesn't look so hot.

-Mike