POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Help - Howto animate from multi-images : Help - Howto animate from multi-images Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:36 EDT (-0400)
  Help - Howto animate from multi-images
From: David Greaves
Date: 27 Sep 1998 18:01:14
Message: <360EA62F.EA1412B0@telekinesys.co.uk>
Hi
I've played with POV and clock and sin() and cos()
I've seen animation tutorials but none tell me how to take the net
step....

I have *hundreds* of images (all .bmp for now...) that I need to join up
to form
an animation.

An .fli, an .avi, an .mpg - I don't care - so long as I can play it back
on my NT 4.0 system ;)
Ideally, I'd like a decent quality animation to wow the cats (they're
hard to impress you know!!) and a way of generating animated gifs for
the www.

Now I've seen references to
cmpeg. DTA and mainactor (which may download sometime tonight ;)
but how do people normally do this stuff?
- and *much* more imprtantly where can I download from?
ftp.povray.org seems depleted - /pub/povray/utilities only has moray and
breeze in it :(

David