POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Jerky MPEG playback : Jerky MPEG playback Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Jerky MPEG playback
From: Todd Burch
Date: 25 Sep 1998 16:02:42
Message: <360BE8D7.6D56B79@uiuc.edu>
Okay, I've got another question for everyone:
	I just finished rendering and compressing a 10 second, 300 frame
704x480 MPEG that came out to be 13 Megs. When I play it back, the video
is jerky. I assume this is due to the relatively slow transfer of MPEG
data between the hard disk and the program. Is there any way to remedy
this? Could I possibly create a "virtual" hard drive in memory? I have
64 megs of memory and am running Win95.
	Any help would be appreciated.
	-Thanks,
	Todd
Todd Burch
tbu### [at] uiucedu
www.uiuc.edu/~tburch
"He who forgets will be destined to remember"
	-Edward Vedder, Pearl Jam