POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you get more than one ripple... : Re: How do you get more than one ripple... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you get more than one ripple...
From: Ken
Date: 23 Sep 1998 14:01:05
Message: <3609298C.D392FFA2@pacbell.net>
Patrick Dugan wrote:

> I have a cylinder that I am trying to display two ripple points in.  As
> though there are two points
> from which the ripples originate.   I have tried the code below but only the
> last defined normal takes
> effect.   Is there any way to apply 2 ripples (or more) to one object?
>
>    cylinder {<0,0,0> <0,0,0.3>, 2.4
>       texture{Soft_Silver}
>       normal { average normal_map {[ ripples 0.8 scale 0.04 translate
> <-1,0,0> ]}}
>       normal { average normal_map {[ ripples 0.8 scale 0.04 translate <
> 1,0,0> ]}}
>    }

  Try rendering the following Pov code.
It will show two overlapping sets of rings.
You should have no problem adapting it to
your scene.

camera{location<0,0,-35>look_at 0}

light_source{<0,  40,-670>rgb 1}
light_source{<0,1000,-100>rgb 1}

plane{z, 150 texture{pigment{rgb 1}
normal{average normal_map{
[.5 ripples 1 scale .5 translate x*-5]
[ 1 ripples 1 scale .5 translate x*5 ]}scale 10}}}

Ken Tyler