POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you get more than one ripple... : How do you get more than one ripple... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:50 EDT (-0400)
  How do you get more than one ripple...
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 23 Sep 1998 13:47:12
Message: <36092610.0@news.povray.org>
I have a cylinder that I am trying to display two ripple points in.  As
though there are two points
from which the ripples originate.   I have tried the code below but only the
last defined normal takes
effect.   Is there any way to apply 2 ripples (or more) to one object?

   cylinder {<0,0,0> <0,0,0.3>, 2.4
      texture{Soft_Silver}
      normal { average normal_map {[ ripples 0.8 scale 0.04 translate
   }