POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : TV commercial : Re: TV commercial Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TV commercial
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 18 Sep 1998 10:10:38
Message: <36025C8F.30F3A307@aol.com>
me [actually, he] wrote:

> I use 320*240, 30 FPS, non interlaced for my NTSC stuff at the cable access
> place.  I think it looks fine recorded on nothing more than my regular VCR
> coming from a Power Mac 9600.  For professional quality, you might want
> 640*480, and a better VCR.

  A few questions:
1. Did you set it up as FLC, MPEG, or what?
2. How expensive a VCR adapter do you have? I've seen ads for <$100 units.
3. How does the issue of "interlaced" apply to making an animation? (How is it
different, say,  from typical CMPEG output?)
4. When I maximize low resolution images (certainly 160X120, probably 320X240)
on my PC monitor, it looks crappily pixelated.  Am I missing something? I would
imagine 800X600 would be the minimum.

Greg M. Johnson
http://members.xoom.com/gregjohn/
gregj56590:-)@aol.com
"Volunteer firefighters is fine, ma'am, but don't tell me there ain't
nobody burnin' in that buildin'," said the Fire Chief to the Libertarian
Lady.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)