POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : TV commercial : Re: TV commercial Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TV commercial
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 18 Sep 1998 09:04:04
Message: <36024457.E8D3B6D6@xs4all.nl>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> What would it take to make a TV commerical that would be accepted by a
> local TV station?
>
> As my skill at POV-Ray and Bryce improves, I imagine that some day
> soon
> I could make a TV commercial.   Has anyone ever done this?  I imagine
> could easily get a series of 800X600  TGA files but suspect that the
> TV
> format is beyond my reach.
>
> I suppose the process could be as simple as emailing an MPEG file to
> the
> station or as difficult as requiring  $10k of recording equipment and
> video format beyond the reach of freeware.
>
> _________
> Greg M. Johnson
> gregj56590:-)@aol.com
> "Volunteer firefighters is fine, ma'am, but don't tell me there ain't
> nobody burnin' in that buildin'," said the Fire Cheif to the
> Libertarian
> Lady.

I've made a cartoon-animation for tv. Here in Europe (it's a different
system from that in the US) screensize was 768x576 pixels. I don't have
any special stuff for recording so I just supplied a CD with all the
stills which were loaded in the editing-computer (they had to do some
background-key stuff anyway).
Perhaps you should try to find someone at a tv-station that'll allow you
to experiment a little. It might save you some serious inverstments.

Regards,

Remco de Korte
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/