POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : TV commercial : Re: TV commercial Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TV commercial
From: Ken
Date: 17 Sep 1998 18:44:34
Message: <36018313.DFF1EB09@pacbell.net>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> What would it take to make a TV commerical that would be accepted by a
> local TV station?
>
> As my skill at POV-Ray and Bryce improves, I imagine that some day soon
> I could make a TV commercial.   Has anyone ever done this?  I imagine I
> could easily get a series of 800X600  TGA files but suspect that the TV
> format is beyond my reach.
>
> I suppose the process could be as simple as emailing an MPEG file to the
> station or as difficult as requiring  $10k of recording equipment and a
> video format beyond the reach of freeware.
>
> _________
> Greg M. Johnson
> gregj56590:-)@aol.com
> "Volunteer firefighters is fine, ma'am, but don't tell me there ain't
> nobody burnin' in that buildin'," said the Fire Cheif to the Libertarian
> Lady.

  As I understand it, and I'm no expert, the major criteria are,
FPS frames per second of picture (and this varies by coutry),
screen width/height, and format - NTSC/PAL. It's a complicated
issue that a group of people working on an internet movie project
are still trying to iron out the details of.
If you would like to gain some first hand knowledge before you
take the big plung on your own, the IMP is always looking for
more volunteers for the project. It is being produced in POV-Ray
only as far as output, goes but any modeling software that can
output to POV-Ray format can be used as an aid.
You can take a look for yourself to see if your interested at:

http://www.algonet.se/~jhubert/MovieProject/

Ken