POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wave Forms and Normal/Pigment Patterns ? : Re: Wave Forms and Normal/Pigment Patterns ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wave Forms and Normal/Pigment Patterns ?
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 11 Sep 1998 09:11:11
Message: <35f9135f.0@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
:     Anyway I have come to the conclusion that
: surface normals are a poor replacement for a
: physical object that has the right shape.
:     I've decided that rather than trying to imitate
: water and wavy surfaces, with planes and surface
: normals, I'm going to be a rebel and figure out a
: procedural, modeled, methodology for creating
: these surfaces that elude me.

  I think is very easyly done with bezier patches (if you know how they work).

--
                                                           - Warp. -