POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error opening output file : Re: Error opening output file Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error opening output file
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 10 Sep 1998 10:07:51
Message: <35f7cf27.0@news.povray.org>
Darcy Johnston <93j### [at] scarutorontoca> wrote in message
<35AFF625.D593B3DD@scar.utoronto.ca>...
>I was trying to trace the code given by Micheal Andrews for his Hazy
>Days image and I keep getting the error:
>
>> File init error.
>> Error opening output file.
>
>I assume that its referring to the output image file, but other scenes
>have been rendering fine, so I don't understand.
>
>Any ideas?

I had this problem once.  It turned out that I had accidentally deleted the
directory that POV was putting finished images in.  Since the directory
didn't exist, POV couldn't write the file.

Eric

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/2354/
http://www.datasync.com/~reba/