POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scientific use of povray : Re: Scientific use of povray Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific use of povray
From: Jim Kress
Date: 9 Sep 1998 21:05:08
Message: <35f717b4.0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the info!

The white spaces come from the long file name capability in Win NT and Win
95/98.  Since, for local access on my Intranet I have had no problems with
these URLs, I didn't realize that over the Internet URL standards were not
kept up to date with evolving operating systems.

I'll have to decide if the (large!) amount of re-work on my site will have
to be done in light of this URL limitation.

Jim

<large SNIP! - just for you, Johannes :) >

>It's completely uncommon to have whitespaces in WWW-adresses, so try to
>avoid that!
>If you do, please mention that when you type an adress in e-mails, so
people
>can copy a string as
>"http://www.kressworks.com/Research/Quantum Chemistry/Unimolecular
>Decomposition Reactions/"
>right into the Browser-window.
>But at last, you _should_ replace your web-adresses with names that don't
>contain whitespaces. use - (minus) or _ (underscore) instead!
>
>And then, no, Outlook doesn't (normaly) have any problems with URLS in the
>text. I think, when it does have problems, any other e-mail program will
>have, too. Just be conform to internet-standards (which means here: DONT
USE