POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSG Texturing : Re: CSG Texturing Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Texturing
From: Peter Popov
Date: 8 Sep 1998 16:10:55
Message: <35f5813f.0@news.povray.org>
Mike wrote in message <35F5161B.8894FA29@aol.com>...
>I never have POV handy when I'm reading these groups, but I think
clipped_by is
>what will do what you want.  I recall having this problem...ugh, just wish
if I
>can remember is that one worked.
>
>If that doesn't work, you could always create a union of the keys and a
union of
>the keyboard, then do a simple:
>
>union {
>object {keyboard clipped_by { plane { } } }
>object {keys clipped_by { plane { ) } } }
>}
>
>If the planes are cutting the wrong side just use the inverse keyword.
>
>-Mike

Uh, clipped_by leaves a hole in the object and makes the wall infinitely
thin... since the cutting plane is normal to the viewing rays (orthographic
projection) I won't see a thing. I hoped bounded_by would work, by using it
"improperly" so the results are unpredictable, but it didn't. I'll go the
hard way (it works).

Peter