POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any other renderer updates? : Re: Any other renderer updates? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any other renderer updates?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 5 Sep 1998 21:38:46
Message: <35f1d996.0@news.povray.org>
Well, so things really should go the official way. Maybe if someone (maybe
even me?) gets in contact with custom version developers and informs of how
things are, there is a chance that the development of POV 3.1 is not
approaching its final stage and another feature or two might creep in. We
already saw that in 3.1 beta stages - the #system patch and material {}
keyword, though the latter was (probably) the result of a general RFC and
not a custom build (there was a #system patch for 3.01, wasn't there?)

Frankly, I will contact Chris Young and discuss the matter with him. Maybe
we'll find a solution.

Regards,

Peter