POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : final POV 3.1 : Re: final POV 3.1 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: final POV 3.1
From: Matthew Bennett
Date: 5 Sep 1998 12:12:01
Message: <35f154c1.0@news.povray.org>
>I don't really know, and I also don't care too much, when the final
>version is released. I'm too happy playing with the beta version to
>worry about such little details. I certainly wouldn't want the team to
>feel pressured to finish by any certain date. As far as I'm concerned,
>they should take all the time they need to satisfy themselves that the
>program is ready for final release.

I of course did not intend to apply any form of pressure on to the POV
team - as we all know, they're doing an excellent job.

I was going to add some sort of "disclaimer" to my previous post to ensure
people didn't get this wrong impression, but I then decided against it
assuming everyone would know I was simply asking if anyone knew of any
information.  I would also have viewed the enthusiasm for the final POV 3.1
as a positive, rather then negative, sign.

Sorry for any misunderstandings Glen,

Matt